Tuesday 30 September 2014

Walk to Sevington Windmill

On monday Tats, Vicky, Sophie, Jenni and I took the brownies on a walk as part of their out and about badge.
We walked 2 miles to Stevington windmill- which they managed really quickly- and we had a sit about and a chat and some snacks.
Then suddenly it was pitch black.
Honestly, I'd forgotten how quickly it gets dark at this time of year. We'd told the girls to bring torches and I'd bought a load of glow sticks from pound land, So it wasn't a nightmare.
They really loved walking in the dark- telling spooky stories and blinding each other with torches.
There was a fair bit of screaming and one of the girls decided that canada geese only speak french so every time we saw a flock of them we had to shout "Bonjour".
Not that we saw too many in the dark!

Anyway, we had a lovely time as the photos suggest:

When was set off it was dusky and warm- It was really pretty!

And sunset by the time we reached the windmillll.

And then we had to have glowsticks! :D

I accidentally wore my glow stick round sainsburys afterwards too.
People must have thought I had some terribly exciting ravery life style. Sadly I do not.




No comments:

Post a Comment