Sunday 21 September 2014

Ollerton & my crafty day with Jen

I got up earlier than I had planned today- I set my work alarm instead of my weekend one, so I did get to watch the sun rise but I didn't get the extra few hours in bed.
Waiting for Traff's return before I drove to Jen's I was mooching on buzzfed and saw an article of "british" things- about half way down there was a giff showing someone making tea with the milk in the cup first.
I scrolled down to the comments and there was a full on argument about when milk should go in the cup.
That has made my day.
Very british.
The conclusion was that in a mug with a teabag, Milk in last as tea brews between 90-100 degrees. in a pot with mugs, milk last, in a pot with best or vintage china, milk first to prevent cracking the fine china.

The drive to Jen's was really good- Sunday morning driving is officially rather good!
When I arrived Jen had made rose biscuits with orange cream to impress me with (She took part in a bake off competition at a food fair on saturday- she now has biscuit madness but she is really rather good!)

After elevenses we did some crafting- Jen was working on a rug made of could up plaits of fabric sewn together- I might remodel my rag rug in the same way.
I did a bit more crocheting- I have 9 1/3 african roses made- only 90 2/3 left to make so that my textiles project is finished.

After lunch we went for a walk around the woods- It was a bit cooler today but still really sunny. Lovely autumn weather for a walk!
We did have to dodge the falling conkers though.

I had a lovely day and a good old catch up. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment