Saturday 20 September 2014

Misty mornings, Paddle Boarding and Custard

I love autumn- All the crunchy leaves and misty mornings! yay!
They remind me of walking to school as a child- In my memory it was foggy far more often than it can possibly have been!
I still get excited towards the end of august when the temperature drops. I do like summer, but my irish (Read "red") complexion is ready for a break from it's 4 months of sunburn.
I'll be honest, driving in fog is not my forte- but I do now know how to turn on my fog lights!
:D
This was the fogginess at work earlier this week:

On Wednesday Karl W, Karl S and I went Paddle boarding (And the lake was misty!)
It was so relaxing to be out on the lake, I've really missed it!
I made a mistake by going to the osteopath before going paddling on such a windy day- they always warn you to take it easy afterwards but my god does my back hurt now :(

After paddling Karl S and I went to the White horse for dinner- We had mains and pudding and Karl drowned his chocolate cake in custard.
Even the waitress was laughing at him.

On Thursday I had a crazy day at work and got home at 6:30pm. if only my overtime was paid! It wasn't all bad though- I did get to go Pond dipping in the name of conservation and I did find a newt at the stage of development where the gills are external to the body- like a lions mane of tendrilly gills! Unfortunately I did not take my camera out as I'd decided it was too take in the year to catch anything cool looking- Also found Mayfly larve, Dragonfly Larve and toadpoles- Although it's been the kind of week where if I had remembered my camera we'd only have found sludge on the bottom of the pond.
We could do with some rain really- the water level is looking quite low.
Easy pickings for hungry birds!
I treated my self to a "take away" pizza from the corner shop and some Halloween themed Viennese whirls.
followed by catching up the bake off episode I missed by being out eating custard.

On friday evening all I was fit to do was watch Rango on Netflix- and even then I fell asleep and missed then end!
:(
I'll have to try again another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment