Saturday 13 September 2014

Donna's Hen do


I had a crazy evening- I went straight from Work to my house with Jenni- I got changed into my going out clothes for the evening whilst she tried to get no-legs to nibble her fingers (He did not oblige) Then we went to Priory Marina for tea and ice cream sundaes.
We met with Karl, Mark, Suzi and Michelle and had a really god catch up for almost 2 hours- looks like everyone had a gruelling first 2 weeks back! We all deserved our lemon curd ice cream sundaes.
We also had an engagement announcement- but more on that when it’s a bit more public.

I knew that Donna’s Hen do was at Fratelli’s- I assumed that it was in a nearby village.
I asked Mark and he said there was a Fratelli’s in Amptill. I was all set to merrily drive off to Amptill when Karl googled it and was like “Oh, there seems to be one in the middle of nowhere too.. but surely it won’t be there?”
So I text Donna.


Middle of nowhere it is!
Cue petrol light.
The Satnav did manage to find it but I only recognised the place because the nice man in the petrol station had described it as a “Half pub half restaurant after a sharp right turn in the middle of the countryside- you can’t miss it”.

By the time I’d arrived quite a few people were already there- including some of Traff’s old work colleagues- Yvette and Rowena- So I spent most of the evening chatting with them.
He had drinks in the bar and everyone had a chat and got to know each other  whilst  we waited for any stragglers (Or people who went to the wrong Fratellis…Donna was laughing at me, but I wasn’t the only one!)
The service was pretty relaxed but everyone was too busy chatting to care- Yvette and Rowena kept me entertained with tales from work.
 
We had dinner in the function room- It was massive- all white tablecloths and chandeliers – It looked more like a country club wedding venue than a restaurant- very swanky for £20 per head for 3 courses!
We had dinner in the function room- It was massive- all white tablecloths and chandeliers – It looked more like a country club wedding venue than a restaurant- very swanky for £20 per head for 3 courses!
I did lots of very enthusiastic dancing and arm waving, and danced with everyone at the hen do and probably quite a few people who were attending other events.
The food was really good- not very big portions but really good food- I had a bit of a bruchetta nightmare with my starter- I tried to eat it with a knife and fork but when I tried to cut it with the knife all the toppings flew everywhere… In the end I gave up and discretely ate it with my fingers. For mains I had roasted veg layered with aubergine- and pudding was Malteaser cheese cake- it was brilliant.
Once coffee was served there was a disco! I love a cheesy disco! Lots of 70s and 80s classics- including “it’s raining men” , “Grease” and of course “The YMCA”

Rowena caused a bit of a drama as she left suddenly after saying she felt unwell and not saying goodbye to Donna or to anyone else so everyone spent a while looking for her- At the end of the meal it turned out she hadn’t paid for her meal or her bar tab! It must have been an emergency and I’m sure she’ll sort it all out with Donna at a later date- but it did cause rather a stir for a while and not really in a good way :S

At about 11:30 Yvette said she was calling it a night- As she was going back the same way as me but had planned to get a taxi I offered her a lift instead.
We went to get into the car and it was blocked by a delivery of kegs of beer-The men delivering the beer were very obliging and moved the van saying they’d do “Anything for two beautiful ladies” The proceeded to help us into the car whilst telling us how sexy we were- and “helped” us to reverse out. It was all a bit much but it’s been ages since I got chatted up- Seriously or Sarcastically- so I’ll take that as a win!
Yvette lives in an area of town I’d never been to before and the sat nav refused to acknowledge it’s existence, which was incredibly unhelpful. Yvette tried to help and managed to direct us onto the M1.
We did eventually get to her house but honestly I think it was sheer luck. Neither of us could read any road signs for laughing too much.


When I got in I gave Traff a ring as he was on nights, but I’d lost most of my voice so he couldn’t really understand what I was saying.

I was supposed to be making crochet moustaches with Tats on Saturday- but she has been called upon for babysitting for her sister, so I will just have to find something productive to do with myself  in the daytime.
Maybe I’ll work on my Textiles project.
As it is I’ve lost so much of my voice now that when I speak I sound like the noise it used to make when you connected the computer to dial up Internet.
So it’s probably just as well we’re not crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment