Sunday 15 June 2014

Weekend at my Parents

 Traff was at a Stag weekend in Bristol- Friday to Sunday-and we worked out that the fastest way to get him there was to drive- rather than take the train.
So, in the end, it made the most sense to Drive to Chippenham, Drop him off at the station and let him get the train- which is 30 minutes- to Bristol.
You can't drive Chippenham to central Bristol in 30 minutes.
I've tried.
This required another person 1) to remove the car from Chippenham station.
2) To drive the car on Sunday when he was hideously hungover.

So, I went to stay at my parents house- it was the perfect excuse!
I also persuaded my mum to help me to make a prom dress- but more on that debacle later.

I love staying at my parents because they kind of still treat me like they did when I lived at home- in 2006.
They always put my tea into my "go girl" mug- It's a bang on the door one, from when that was all the rage. I used to have my tea in it before school when I was at secondary school, and if my mum was feeling nice she'd leave it on my dresser whilst I was in the shower in the mornings (She was always up before me as she commuted to Oxford).
I don't even think it's my mug-I'm pretty sure my sister had it with an easter egg in - but it seems to be mine now!

And they always buy real butter. I love real butter on bread. And even more on toast!

On Friday night I helped cook Mexican food for when my dad got home from work- They've been using the hairy dieters cookbook, and the recipes are really quick and easy.
We made the fajitas and they were really yummy.
Then we had gins. Heston Blumenthal Earl grey and Lemon tea from Waitrose- With Liptons Lemon ice tea.
This will be repeated!

On Saturday my Mum needed to go into town, and she came with me to Spec savers and helped me pick out some glasses- I got a blue framed pair for every day and I got sunglasses with red frames. All primary colours!
I wouldn't have picked either without her help so that was really good.
Even better, Specsavers got my glasses ready to collect for the following morning. Now THAT is excellent service!

In the afternoon we had to collect furniture for my parents neighbour- My parents live on a new estate and the show home has finally sold- The new owners didn't want the furniture so it was being sold at a very reduced price.
My parents got some bedside tables and dining room chairs.
Thir neighbour had bought all the mirror and black wood bedroom furnishings- they were really chic but incredibly heavy! I was gutted she'd got so many bargains.
I bought a teak thai looking mirror.
It's on the dresser in the front room awaiting a new and more permanent home.

After that we spent the afternoon dress making, drinking tea and eating strawberries. which is quite a relaxing way to spend your time.

Sunday was Fathers day- So Ray and John came over, and Traff joined us a bit worse the wear from his weekend of drinking.
We had a BBQ, and mooched about all afternoon, it was really lovely to see everyone and sit out in the sunshine.
I made the satay skewers from the hairy bikers book to cook on the bbq, and they were really awesome! I regret cutting jalapenos though- I cut my thumbs so many times sewing, and they rubbed jalapeno juice in the grazes/cuts whilst cooking.. it's been 4 hours and they still burn!

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment