Monday 30 June 2014

Cambridge university day 3

Today there were Almond Croissants for Breakfast.
With the squashy stuff in.
:)

We had breakfast and then walked to the Cavendish Laboratory. We did lab practicals on the conical pendulum- which in theory is fascinating, but in practice was a disaster as we managed to get the sting stuck in the dowel and then lose the pendulum.
Bigger knots are the answer!
We then looked at the youngs slits experiment, and then at the effect of different shaped gratings- mostly letter shaped gratings when a laser is passed through them.
I did take some photos but they just look like a load of red dots on a screen in the dark.

After the lab sessions we had a Quantum mechanics lecture and then Lunch.

Traff Picked me up from Churchill college and was laughing at me because I told him Corpus christi looked like hogwarts.
I had a sleep in the car on the way home- I'm just so rock n roll.
It feels like it should be wednesday already- I'm not looking forward to 4 more days of work before the weekend. My brain needs a rest!










No comments:

Post a Comment