Thursday 19 June 2014

The Prom dress is finished!

I asked a colleague to work to help me to hem my dress today- As it's impossible to do on your own and Traff didn't feel able to assist me.

She measured the length from the waist and pinned at 54cm as markers to cut off the excess fabric whilst I was wearing it, Then I took it off and she asked me to re-measure it to check all the pins were at the same height.
I had to move some and add some- but I was satisfied they were right- as she had been 5 minutes before.
We picked it up and moved it and then we had to start all over again!
The fabric is so slippery and moves so much it was just a nightmare.

After 15 minutes or pinning and re pinning we just went for it and hacked off the bottom of the skirt- Thankfully it ended up level!

We hemmed it on one of the fancy machines at work- it has a digital display! and like a bazillion stitches.
Very fancy!
When it was finished I put it on so my chrissy could check it, and then I wore it back to the prep room to show Helen.
:D

You'll have to wait for Tuesday for the real pictures- Sabrina will be my Prom date, and she's giving me a lift so I can have a gin.

I've decided to accessories with black- I already have the black strappy sandals, I'd like a black pashmina and a black evening bag- I could take my Corde one which I sometimes use for Hednas, but I do worry about ruining it.



No comments:

Post a Comment