Tuesday 4 February 2014

Gummy bear Thumb print cookies

Right, To preface this, I'd promised myself that this year I'd post fewer things I wanted to make- and only post them here after I'd made them.
I'm making an exception for this one- I've made hard boiled sweet window cookies before and eating them made me feel like I'd break all my teeth.
This looks better. Less.. solid...more jammy.

AND the lady who made them on "a beautiful mess" said they tasted kind of pop-tart-y.
I WILL make these as they're easy and appeal completely to my taste in foods- but only when I'm done with my slimfasting. so, not too long to wait.


1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
10 gummy bears (plus more for snacking)
Cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg yolk and extract. Then stir in the flour and salt until well-combined and crumbly. Cover and place the dough in the freezer for ten minutes.Best thumb print cookiesShape the dough in to twenty small balls. Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Use your thumb to press a swallow bowl into each cookie. Or, if you're totally cliche like me, create indented heart shapes in each.
Bake at 305°F for 8-9 minutes.Gummy bear thumb print cookiesWhile these bake cut the gummy bears into four pieces each. You'll need two pieces (half a gummy bear) per cookie. Once these are partially baked, place the gummy bear bits in the hearts. Bake for another two minutes.How to make gummy bear cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment