Sunday 9 February 2014

Didcot

I've had a lush weekend- and been extremely grateful to escape from the flat for a change!

On Saturday I drove to Henley to meet Kirstie ad Phil- We had a very big lunch at the Thai Orchid restaurant- they have a lunch menu for something like £8.50 where you get a starter (Chicken Satay! although, I stole some of Kirstie's Tempura and that was really good too), Salad with either beef or duck, A main meal and rice.- I had masaman Curry. Possibly it's my new favourite thai dish (It's really "fusion food" the bloke in the restaurant in peterborough said it was a south indian inspired thai dish but however it came to exist, I'm very grateful it has.).


After lunch we tried to walk around the block but the road was pretty flooded from all the rain! It's weird because it's barely rained here- it's been windy and cold and grey, but not really rainy.
I was very good because Kirstie and Phil made me- and didn't walk very far.
See, It's sort of resting.

After Lunch we headed to Kirstie's (It's so weird now my sister and Parents have moved away as I have nowhere to stay in Didcot- We saw the new people who live at my old house! they looked nice).

I made candles. and a mess. Kirstie made bread and dinner and tidied up after me because it turns out pouring wax is more difficult than I'd expected.
I will be attempting to recreate the steak salad at home. And when I've worked out how to cook the rice maybe a rice pudding too (Kirstie made it with Almond milk which was really lovely).

We mooched and watched TV after dinner- It was really lovely to just chill out- Thank you very much for having me!

Today we mooched round Didcot- and visited the aquatics centre- I do still kind of want shrimp even if they're cannibals. :S

Later in the afternoon Kisrtie and I met Sophie and we all went for cake and hot chocolate at Boswells. (They sell really good carrot cake!) We just caught up and talked out work and what we've been up to- but it was really nice.

I will make an effort to be in Didcot more often. I will stop being so lazy! I'll even brave the weather being much ickier than here in the East for your excellent company. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment