Wednesday 29 August 2012

Cardiff

We Drove up to cardiff on thursday night- after Traff finished work (ETA2am) and we stayed in Queen street travelodge.
We started our holiday with the WORST nights sleep EVER! that hotel is right opposite live lounge.
staff were all very friendly though. we went for breakfast in town. hotdogs. yummy. We've been gone from cardiff for so long that Hudsons bagette shop had gone :(
Sad times.

perhaps we were keeping them in buisness?

anyways, we went from the hotel to stay with Sarah and Dan at their house- and on the way back to the car we got caught in Cardiff's monsoon:


this ended in us having to get changed in the car- this is traff attempting to dry his top on the car heater and me wearing a dress on my head to try and dry my hair and stop it making my clothes any soggier.


We stayed at Sarah and Dans and we went for dinner in spoons and met up with Hayley and Dai- recently returned from Italy (I am SO jealous- your photos are beautiful!) it was nice to catch up with people and had a bit of a relax. with Gin. We had planned to go to the beach- I'd forgotten how tempermental the weather is in wales. I've been taking the Bedfordshire weather for granted. (we have the last rainfall in the UK.)

On the Saturday Traff had work at cardiff Bay so I gave him a lift there to start work at 8am. Cardiff may be a big city, but there ain't much to do at 8am.
After I dropped traff off I went to city road via the wharf- where I saw these coot chicks-and the AWESOME coot nest (it's second best to the one they built on a floating "for sale" sign).





I went to the makers market in Roath at the tennis club and got some cards for the wedding and for Ray's birthday.


And I got my nails done- just to kill time. pretty, no?


I did go in here and look at the oldie cameras- I miss this being my film processing shop- they always gave me tips and laughed at my disasters.
It smells good too- like film processing chemicals. mmmmmm.


I went for coffee with my old boss John (form PA hire)

then I went to meet Jay and Trist at Cityhall- see the paralympic rings are out!



And then we all went to the bay for ice cream.




From our adventures in cardiff, we headed up the valley to Caerphilly to stay with Jen and for Heather and Liam's Wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment