Saturday 4 August 2012

August 2011


Ray-Ray & John came to visit.

Ray & john came to see me today :) visitors!

we went for an explore of the town center- mostly to costa coffee (thanks ray ray for treating me!) we also went for lunch (more indian food, argh, I'm sooo stuffed!).

after that SHOPPING! :)

mostly 'twas a moochy day.


Monday, 22 August 2011


yummy new indian resturant on my replacement city rd!







Thank you for my presents tony!


racist biscuits anyone?




Bedford park

so, post tea and cake, what could be better than a walk in the park?




A walk in the park where you feed ducks rich tea biccys!
A WHOLE PACKET!
what a bunch of fatties!

the duckings are really really cute though- not quite as adorable as the bats, but more available in the afternoon, and way more willing to perform for baked goods.

Tony even managed to feed them from his hand- Kimmy and I were not that brave.



My "tea and cake" replacement- the Fancy cake shop on roff avenue




their milkshakes have real fruit & their cakes are baked on site!
the small is amazing!
:D

this MUST be experienced by all visitors (they don't open on sundays- if that affects which days you'll come see me on...)

I hate to admit it but bedford wins this one hands down! sorry cardiff, I still love you, but you need to up your game!

the cafe is super cute tooo. as you can see I have enlisted the assistance of Kim & Tony as intrepid Bedford explorers!

Sunday, 21 August 2011


my favourite bedfordian things so far....

this is bedford park at twilight- its sooo pretty its got carriage drives round the outside and ponds with ducks and duckings- beautiful plants, sports pitches and playgrounds but the BEST thing about bedford park is that it's got BATS! they're amazing to watch!

this is in the jaffa orchard- which is my new fav cafe, bountiful tea, home-made cakes (like nan cakes!) and upstairs they sell local crafts! pretty things! sometimes they also sell bric-a--brac on like a wallpapering table outside, which I very much enjoy!


I have no idea why he's there, I just like him.

Old fashioned sweetie shop. :)

events :) this may be my new fav pub.

Alms houses! how cute are they?! bedford has LOADS of very old and beautiful houses, its a pleasure to explore!

snapdragons! just outside the gates to the park- opposite the end of my road!

I also like that there are soooo many things to do!
I have applied to join the roller derby, and the orchestra so hopefully I won't be bored!

:D



My great bedfordian adventure

sorry for the lack of posts- I've had a bit of a crazy month or so, but I have now managed to re-locate from wales to bedford, and have the interent connected.

so now I will document my exploration of this place!

but 1st off- here is my home!
the bedroom- sash windows- argh! I'm not tall enough to close them without standing on something!

bedroom again and the "wall of shame" from sanquahar st.

the front room.

more front room

kitchen.

purple tea making facilities! woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment