Friday 29 June 2012

Old photos and a mooch down memory lane

I've been sorting out the flat since we decided we're staying here for the foreseeable future- this started with me finding a box of photos from my digital camera that used to be on my walls in sanquahar street. I thought they ought to go in an album. found the albums- and found these beauties!

As a teenager I used to carry around a 90s olympus 35 mm film camera. it was old, decrepit and ate batteries like no-ones business. it was also pretty heavy- so I was surprised I took so many photos and carried this camera even to school! I don't remember doing that! but clearly I did.


this is the school field- I'd guess we were year 10? I'm wearing my marylin manson hoodie so it can't be much before that! I can't get over how young we all look.


This is Kirstie's birthday party- we all look really dressed up! I'm impressed- and very young. I remember Kirstie cooked loads of oriental food and it was delicious- she also introduced us to grenadine and archers with orange juice. which probably accounts for some of the photos.


Reading festival. this was at the end of my first year of college. I think. suggestions for date welcome.. I dyed my hair black- and it looks surprisingly natural. This was the year I burned my face with a flaming marshmallow and they festival staff tried to send me to A&E. I lacked enthusiasm for this. preferring to treat my injury by drinking too much malibu.
Tony wore a dress for a dare- not his normal attire.

sexy, unwashed tent photo.


this is a page of random photos the top right is Tony at reading, next to that Sammie's 6th form portrait, under that Jim with pigtails. doesn't he look adorable?
the one on the bottom right is me on the train home from reading festival. The Tshirt I'm wearing is my Sex pistols tour "pistols at the palace" top. I'm amazed how skinny I am in this photo- that top is like a children's age 10. I'm going to turn it into a pillow case.


This was my 18th birthday party. I don't remember much, but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed myself.


Teenage evening Kim's house- possibly for Kim's birthday? looks like we had a nice time anyway- check out my 1950's full skirted petticoat (bottom right). I used to wear that under my 50s dresses.



looks like mooching- around Didcot.


This was on the french exchange- we went to Rob's house- he lived out in the middle of nowhere and had a barn that his parents let us use for a bit of a den- awesome stuff!



more french exchange- although these are a random selection of events.


Bowling- again with the french exchange and all our families- slightly embarrassing!


This is a page of odds and sods- top left is my and my friend Nikki ready to go to a cadettes evening playing dominoes with veterans- I remember someone tried to teach me to play cribbage.
the top photos on the right are photobooth photos- a bit of an early 2000s trend- we used to take photos with a photobooth and stick them into our planners at school- I probably have loads of these stuck into my old planners!
the middle photo was taken on a school trip- in a display.
the bottom photos are of Stoney and Womble- when we were teenagers they used to make "jackass" style videos and end up in A&E rather more than average.


more teenage shenanegans.
the top photos are of a makeover I gave my friend Nik- he looks appreciative, right? that took AGES!
underneath on the left if a photo from Truck Festival, then two photos from the oxfordshire youth orchestra- we performed at the oxford apollo which is massive- on the main stage. I almost had kittens.

it was awesome to find the photos- I miss being a carefree teenager!

No comments:

Post a Comment