Tuesday 5 June 2012

snowdonia


I’m off to north Wales today (for the first time ever) to climb Snowdon (also for the first time ever). I really think I’ve go these two events round the wrong way-  I’d done al my unfit drinking and partying and mooching about and now I have to go and exhort myself. 
I also didn’t realise that it takes most people about 8 hours (4 hours up, 4 hours down).
Bugger.
Someone remind me why I’ve agreed to do this again?!


The forecast is torrential rain, gales ranging from 30-70 mph and scattered hill fog with no expectation of it lifting.


Karl rang me yesterday day was like “do you have some waterproof trousers? You’ll definitely need them.”
Thankfully Sarah has a really good pair and a better coat than me she bought for Glastonbury so she’s lent me them.


So, now I’m off to do some Cardiff-based chores including buying some things to make into a packed lunch to take walking with me. Eurgh.


The elevation of Snowdon is 970 meters.
I haven’t seen it yet but that sounds like an awful lot of effort. :S


This is where I’m heading for (although I have a distinct feeling this will not be where my sat nav takes me..):


Hoteling in north wales: the eagle bunk house Betws-y-Coed  Conwy, Betws-y-Coed, Conwy LL24 0AN
01690 760177



The Eagles is a traditional inn offering real ales and a very friendly atmosphere; a perfect setting for relaxing after a hard day in the hills.


Our comfortable accommodation is on the top floors within The Eagles. We have six rooms each sleeping 4 and two rooms sleeping 2. All rooms are private (no sharing with strangers) centrally heated and have tea/coffee making facilities. Duvets, pillows and sheets are supplied. There are two separate showers, a bathroom and two wash-rooms/toilets. A self catering kitchen is available for your use as is a drying room and secure storage for bikes etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment