Sunday 24 January 2016

Flickr photo back up

I have to face facts, I recently updated my ancient Macbook to run Maverics (I know, I'm still an OS behind after all that!!) because I could no longer open any webpages (long story short, my OS was so old that none of the updates for any of my programmes would download..so everything slowly stopped working).
I was forced to make a choice between speed but mostly not working programmes or everything running very slowly.
It's been OK for about a week but now the computer is turning on very very slowly. I have decided this may be the time to back up everything in case of disaster. It is sad to think that this computer is so very old.

Most of the files on my computer are photos, so I have decided to utilise Flickr and upload as many as possible (Going back to 2009- Everything before that was lost when my last computer blew up) and then if I run out of space (They only let you have a terabyte, do they not know how many photos I take?!) maybe I will delete some that I don't like so much.

So, I am newly initiated to the joys of online file storage. It makes me a bit nervous.
I do appreciate that I am still 10 years behind the times as really I should be uploading them to Instagram (Hayley, you're just too technologically advanced for me) but my issue really is privacy. Being one of millions of other anonymous online bloggers photographing their dinner is one thing- Adding all my photos to Instagram or Flickr makes me a bit edgy.

We shall see if my fears are well placed.

Incase you every wondered how many photos didn't make the "cut" for my blog posts or for FB here they all are in their technicolour glory:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/laulelule/

All I have established, as Flickr orders them by date, Is that some days I should be very grateful I'm not still using 36mm 32 exposure film. Otherwise my developing bills would be bankrupting me.



No comments:

Post a Comment