Sunday 5 July 2015

Lazy Saturday & Karl's Birthday

Traff went to the gym in the morning and I said I'd meet him afterwards to go shopping for a Birthday present for Karl.

On my walk into town I saw the raptor on the roof of the Riverside grill- I have no idea how long he's been there but that is some seriously cool garden ornament.

I went to the Nostalgia photography exhibition which was showing Jez Brown's work and lots of Sarah's hairstyling. It was very well put together and very retro.
I follow them both online so I've seen most of the photos as they were taken, but seeing them all together, in Sepia and sympathetic to the eras they were styled after was brilliant.


I also went to an antiques fair, I saw some very unusual items but nothing to tempt me to spend my pennies (I got a "you have too much tat" lecture from Traff on Friday and didn't think adding to my tat collection would do much for my cause!) It was lovely and cool in the church and the building is beautiful.


After the antiques fair I had a look round the market and there were some new and interesting stalls. Traff stopped me buying hareem pants in 3 different colours from the clothing man with the stella umbrella. He said I'd been watching too much Aladdin.
I think they looked nice and flappy. Flappy is a clothing quality you need in this weather.

We bought Karl a home brew kit for making pear cider- including the 40 pint fermentation bucket- We put the cider kit, sterilising tablets, some ciders and his card inside the bucket to present to him at dinner.
:D
We went to Dragons chinese restaurant in the evening with some of his friends from uni, and Jenni, it was a really good laugh, the food is cheap and cheerful and the desert buffet is completely random, so all in all it was a good meal out! They had a haribo bar! and churros! go for the puddings! sod the fried food mains.

Following the chinese we had a few pints in spoons, but we were so full and it was so warm that we didn't last very long. We all had the post dinner slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment