Wednesday 29 July 2015

Southall

Today I went fabric shopping in southall with Abida. The Aim was for me to buy loads of fabric cheaply and for her to get a new outfit for a wedding, and new shoes.

Abida has a brand new wedding outfit.
I have 28 meters of fabric and some new sandals for £50.
We win at shopping! I however do not win at reading the tube map as I took us a really round the houses way to get there! Urgh. Kings cross- Paddington- Southall. That is the easiest way for future reference!

 Some of the awesome traditional outfits- Abida wanted me to try things on and take photos but I was too scared we'd get told off! we went into all the bridal boutiques too and just looked at everything! I think she  secretly enjoyed my awe and wonder.

My fabric and sandal haul:

 This is where we went for lunch- they had an really yummy desi handi tagine style dish which we had with naan bread :) We ate soooo much food today I almost died.

After all the shopping, and eating the most amazing tagine type dish for lunch, we decided we needed pudding, I had red velvet cookie dough, Abida had waffles. Both were awesome!
I have a new pudding buddy!

Hayley asked me to get her something "orange and purple" to make a kaftan from. This is the fabric we got for her- I think we 100% met the shopping criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment