Thursday 23 July 2015

Fabric shopping, STEMnet, lunch with Abida and Post

Today has been a busy day- I was in work this morning trying to un dumping ground my new space and make it look a bit like "my" office before I need to use it. my thumb hurts from pinning everything to the walls! it puts me in mind of being a teenager and covering my bedroom in posters!

I did some STEMnet award nominations too-
http://www.stemnet.org.uk/2015-stemnet-awards-now-open/

Doing something that I know will make someones day when they're told they've been nominated for all their help and hard work is quite rewarding in itself.
:D

I went paddle boarding- I've posted todays photos as it was substantially less of a battle with the weather- which is just as well as my legs and abs really ache from Wednesday.

After paddling I met Abida for Lunch- she made Paninis in the George Foreman grill which I thought was extremely clever.
We talked work for a bit and went fabric shopping in the Asian fabric shops- you can get 7m of fancy fabric for £22 enough to make a full outfit. I have no intention of making a full Salwar Kameez but the fabric is for the trousers, top and shawl so there is enough to make 2 different items at least.. and keep the shawl.
I now need to make some colour decisions and then I'm going to go back and spend all my pay on heavily beaded fabric.

When I got home we had some very exciting post- We had a postcard from Tats from the top of mount fuji (To go with the text- all forms of communication are now represented) and my onesy is here!
I am typing this dressed as a dinosaur. Tail and all..








No comments:

Post a Comment