Wednesday 6 August 2014

The Higgins, 50s diner & Paddle boarding

This morning started at a lose end, Traff asked me what I was going to do today as he was leaving to go to work, and I just shrugged.
Whilst it's quite nice to now be bored (I never get to be bored the rest of the year- I always have 100 projects all on the go at once and people to visit and things to make and things to buy and none of it ever really seems to be finished) In a few more days I will be so bored it won't even be worth getting out of bed in the first place!

In the end I decided to go to the higgins Museum- They always have something worth going to see- at the moment it's a commemoration for the 1st World War, which is both creative and horribly depressing, They also have a cityscape project, where people are invited to add to the walls and produce an unusual vision of a city.
My personal highlight was the dinosaur.

After that I had a walk up castle road, did some charity shop mooching and had a reese peanut butter cup milkshake from the new 50s style diner.
:)
superyummy.
What I really wanted was ice cream but almost everywhere has sold out!
I can't believe it's so hot still- it rained all night last night but there isn't a trace of it on the ground any more- it's just very sticky and humid now.

I picked traff up from work at 4, and we went paddle boarding with Karl, Emma, Salma and Ayesha- It was really windy on the lake- it was like being in the sea- some of the waves were actually pretty big!
We battled the waves and the wind for an hour- and mostly we were unable to stand up- I tried several times, and on my final attempt ended up in the lake.
Then I lost my paddle.
Traff had to get it for me and I had to paddle like a surfer to prevent being run aground- it was a bit chaotic.

After paddling we went for dinner in chimney corner again, which was delicious and have us a chance for a good catch up.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment