Tuesday 5 August 2014

Blackberry schnapps, more pies and kickstarter

Today has truly been a "nothing" day. I managed to sleep in until 10am, and when I got up I had to measure all Traffs limbs and belly for his suit for James and Lis's wedding.
He's such a fidget it took ages and he got stroppy.
O_o
Hopefully his suit will fit!

I then got a bit involved in kickstarter. I'm really addicted to looking at the the ideas people want funding for- Some are brilliant, others are bonkers- some are a bit of both.
However, What caught my eye today is a symbiotic fish tank/herb garden. you pump the fish poopy water into the plants, and they in turn oxygenate and filter the tank.
It's only 1/3 of the size of swimmy's tank though, so we'd have to buy more fish. it'd be cruel to make him live in a small tank now.
Or an axelotyl.
Actually, I don't know if they poop enough. many axelotyl. yes. :)
Anyway, this is awesome so you should look at it:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1880042535/ecofarm-food-of-the-future
I also want an andean woven bag and I missed the opportunity to pledge for a patchwork quilt of the southern hemisphere.
Maybe when I'm not on holiday I will make some pledges. Not being at work is very expensive!

By the time I'd done all that, had a bath, got dressed and done some chores it was almost 2pm- I had to go and see the dietician at 3, so that more or less ruled out doing anything productive.
Dietician was good- We now start the re-introduction of foods to my diet and see if they make me sick, as I know I'm not reacting to gluten,wheat and lactose my diet has got a bit toast/ milkshake /cake /slimfast /mini cheddar repetitive. Which sounds awesome theoretically. but in reality gets boring pretty quickly.
Yes, you read that correctly- a diet make of cake and milkshake gets boring eventually.

I have a 2 A4 page list of foods and I have to eat that one food in a normal sized portion for one meal for 2 or 3 days and see what happens.
Some foods on the list- Like Chocolate or peas- I know are fine. Others- Like sweet potato, beef, soya, miso, peaches, broccoli etc I honestly cannot remember the last time I ate them on their own, and I didn't realise that they're pretty common causes of stomach problems. 
I'm quite excited to have a dinner of peas! Less excited for eating a portion of onions, I'll be honest.

On the way home I stopped off in Tesco to buy some schnapps to put with my now washed blackberries from yesterday- I fancied a change- I'll deal with them once the wife goes out to football.
I also have a number of pies to make and apples to stew and store for in the freezer. Ah, a busy bakey evening.
Although, it's cooler today, so hopefully I won't end up frizzy haired and wild looking like last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment