Saturday 30 August 2014

March (The place, not the Month) For Rugby

Today was not the best start ever. On Thursday I went to the osteopath for my back and neck- I've seen chiropractors and physiotherapists in the past so I had a reasonable idea what to expect as an aftermath- The Osteopath asked me what my plans were for the following day and suggested "Taking it easy" and told me to ice my neck if it needed it.
I inwardly laughed at that- Who needs Ice after a medical appointment?!
As you can see from my blog, I did not take it easy yesterday- which resulted in the worst neck, back and head ache I have ever experienced all of last night and most of today. I know it's just toxins and tension but it's still awful!
Urgh, I'm learning the hard way to follow instructions.

I dosed myself up on ibprufen and braved the rugby match in March- Although we got hideously lost in the Fenns for almost 2 hours. It turns out that the rugby pitch is by the high security prison, for future reference.
We arrived in time to have a burger van cheese burger before the start of the match- March Bears Vs Scottie's little soldiers- Who are a forces charity, they raise money for children who have lost their parents.
Traff's Brother Simon plays for both teams casually- and played a half for each team today. Gary and Sharon came to watch too, so did Mel and Chris- Traff's step sister and her husband.

The match was a bit of a flattening for Scottie's Little solders- but it raised awareness, and plenty of pennies from the bake sale, their merchandise, the huge charity raffle and rugby shirt auction- The raffle was amazing!
They had loads of prizes donated from local buisnesses including a massive chocolates hamper, kids toys, Alcohol, Potatoes from the local factories, nights in hotels, fishing passes etc
We bought 4 lines but didn't win anything- we never do have much luck with raffles! Traff's Brother won a few items and his other brother called the raffle, so we avoided amplified abuse by not winning!

Traff also got to go on the bouncy castle with Sharon's son Thomas.
Thomas won the boxing and the gladiators.

On the wat back we stopped off in peterborough. We had planned to eat dinner in the Brewery Tap- they do amazing Thai Fusion food.
We forgot that it was Saturday night- it was rammed and really loud. People were eating but people were also drunk and dancing round the tables so we gave that a miss.
We went ti Chimi Changas in the end, and the poor waitor poured a whole drink on Traff- It turned out to be his first night on the job!






No comments:

Post a Comment