Sunday 10 August 2014

Rain Rain go away

Today we are feeling the tail end of hurricane Bertha. It's rainy, and stormy and windy, and generally just not very nice.The rain is coming through the ceiling again. We even had lightening directly overhead and had to run round like idiots unplugging everything until it passed!

I spent all morning mooching about on the internet. Then made a trip to Tesco with the wilfely one to satisfy my addiction to Kallo chocolate covered rice cakes. I also bought "normal" rice cakes, which have made me realise that I only like my rice cakes chocolate coated. None of this healthy natural whole grain stuff!
I will eat them. But maybe with dairylea on them. OR nutella. Or my own addition of melted chocolate perhaps...

We spent the whole day- up until about 3pm watching rubbish on TV.
Then I walked to wilkinsons in town just for some fresh air and got unceremoniously rained on on the way home.

This has given me lots of opportunity to trawl the internet for interesting events- Which will be landing me with a new creative dressmaking project:
The Duchess of Richmond's Ball at The Assembly rooms, Bath.
The people who run this and dance in Bath were the dancers at the Balls on the 1995 BBC version of pride and prejudice- so we will have to get good at both dancing and dressmaking!
Jane Austen Dancers of Bath

I'm trying to persuade my mum to come with me- as theres no way Traff will- but this will require no mean feat of dressmaking- I recall from my regency bodice making course at Kingston Lacy house, That Regency dresses are a massive pain in the arse to make.
Simplicity do make a pattern, but that doesn't mean it will be easy to follow.

There are a surprisingly large number of Regency events all over the world- this website has quite a comprehensive list:
http://regencydances.org/events.php

So, in the end my grumpy rainy day has found me some very exciting events to attend.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment