Sunday 22 September 2013

Thai food, Family, Hednas and "night time adventures"

On friday my sister and my Mum came up to stay for the weekend- To go to Hednas with Michelle and I.

I've never been clubbing with my mother before so this will be a first!

They arrived quite late on Friday evening, and we went for Thai food at the Thai lagoon in Bedford- It was really awesome, I had thai red curry (I have a cold and I though something spicy would make me feel less bunged up! I was right but it wasn't pretty) Ray had yellow curry- which was awesome and my  mum had indian-thai fusion food which was also really nice- I did end up regretting my face-removingly hot dinner as their milder curries were more interesting to eat than mine!
However, I did enjoy my sticky rice!
Win!

I dropped my Mum and Sister back at their hotel and drove home, did my emails- and as I knew i'd have  a late night on Saturday night for hednas decided to hit the hay about 11.
Traff had been out with the boys, he got home about 1am, ate all the cheese out of the fridge and came to bed.
Sometimes, when he's had some beers he sleepwalks- even if he hasn't had a drink he often talks in his sleep.
but being as he seemed pretty compus mentus when he came to bed I wasn't anticipating an issue. maybe just a discussion about sunflowers or something.

I prodded him as he was snoring after he'd been in bed about 20 minutes and he was wittering on about something and "you're doing it too".
I thought "fair enough, I do have an awful cold, I probably am snoring"  so I wasn't too worried when he took some blankets off the bed and headed off to the front room. I remained dozing assuming he was off to sleep on the sofa and avoid catching my horrible cold.
Until I heard the bath running.
Actually, even that isn't true, I was definitely asleep, and I woke up because it was running. I dozed for a bit before remembering it was by this point almost 2am.
So, I got up.
I looked in the bathroom- no Traff. walked to the front room and the hall carpet was all damp.. and the front room carpet was damp.. and then, in the kitchen I found my beloved.
We was stood on a tea towel, one foot on each end shuffing up and down on the laminate floor with his  toes all curled up for grip.
I honestly almost burst out laughing.
When he saw me he looked so shocked! I asked him why he was running the bath, and he told me he "didn't realise what the distance was like". So I headed to turn off the taps- thankfully he hadn't put the plug in properly- and he didn't seem keep for me to turn it off.
In the end I persuaded him to go back to bed- about 3am.
I woke up about 7am and went to get a drink- I found all the blankets draped over al the radiators, the icing sugar all over the kitchen top, and I have no idea what he's done with the tea towel or the toothbrush mug.
His version of events is that he came to bed and remained there, so I have a feeling we'll be finding objects in interesting places for a while to come.
And I still don't know why our carpets are wet.


On Saturday we went and got our hair done ready for Hednas, Visited Fancy cake for bakewell tart and chai tea, and then headed up to the hotel to get dressed- because once you've set your hair 1940s styple it's actually very difficult to dress yourself.
I have a new respect for my grandparents era!

We headed back to mine for pizza and pims, and watched inspector morse whilst putting on all our make up.
I enjoy wearing full make up every now and again for events- I normally just wear eye make up- so I still enjoy my boyfriends reaction when I do my conceler and foundation, then contour it and set it with powder. then do top and bottom liner, and of course, red lips.
I'm always amazed by how flawless my skin looks- I know that sounds stupid as with that much base on my face it bloody well should be flawless!

Hednas was different to usual this time-
Normally there is a singer, a compare and dancing (with instruction) all of a typical 1940s dance.

Today we started with a compare, then a burlesque dancer, then a barbershop quartet (they started off quite serious but they also perfomed magic tricks and told jokes- mostly they sang silly songs of the 1940s or disney songs), A modern comic, A poetry recital and of course a compare.- then repeat.

It was good- I was pleased there was less dancing as we were with my mum (who's hip replacement is on friday!) so definitely does not have her dancing shoes on at all at the moment.

I enjoyed it for being different, although next time (March) I hope there is some Dancing! and a mix of acts. let's make a fusion!




No comments:

Post a Comment