Sunday 1 September 2013

"It converts metric into italian"

I've spent the last few days visiting people, as from tomorrow I have to go back to work.
Which will limit my visiting people potential.

I went to stay with my parents on Thursday evening- we had wine and put the word to rights. my Dad accidentally bought a case of dessert wine in carrefour as his french is legendary (sec. not demi sec. not brut.)
I am slowly drinking my way through it.
I'm seeing it as one less thing for my parents to move to Chippenham.
So this is helpful. right?

On Friday I went to Ray and John's new house (bungalow) in Steventon- Last time I went to steventon was for Truck festival so it must have been ages ago!
Ray has wasps in her porch.
It's not a improvement on bees in the garage of the last house they rented.

We had intended to go swimming in Abingdon outdoor pool but it looked rainy- so we went shopping in Swindon instead!
I've started my xmas shopping! 10/21 items obtained.
I am never this organised. I normally end up running round in a massive flap in november so that we have all our stuff together to go to Cardiff in December. 
Not this year!
:D


After our shopping exploits we went to the farm shop - Which I recognise but do not remember visiting before.
Then we watched despicable me 2.
I wish I'd seen it at the cinema. It was amazing.
And we went for dinner in the Fox- which is more or less opposite Ray's new house.
Short stumble home.
I highly recommend the Lasagne and the Parfait.
Although, I'm still no clearer on what a parfait is, it was a bit like tangy ice cream... or is that the point of it?

On Saturday my dad presented me with my very own tool kit made from items he had bought from the power station when it closed down.
all the tools are filthy.
He also gave me a massive torch for camping.
And some digital callipers for work- Which apparently, are excellent at Italian. (I would assume this was intended to be 'Imperial'). It's not just my mind which is slowly unravelling.

I headed home on Saturday to do some planning and prep- and Charlene popped over as she was on her way to a wedding in Bedford. 
We had cookies.
And Ice cream.
It was good.

Today we went to visit Garry and Sharon and their son Thomas who Traff shamelessly beat at Fifa (he clearly didn't get the memo about letting children win at games- especially their own games!)

And now we're back from Wisbech, and we have a take away pizza being delivered- it's the only thing that'll take the edge off going to work tomorrow!
this seems to have happened rather fast.. surely theres some summer holidays left?

No comments:

Post a Comment