Wednesday 1 May 2013

May 2011




Sunday, 15 May 2011

Glastonbury

hayley, Dai, Amanda & I went to glastonbury to see what we could see!
:)
it was amazing, its such a bonkers place I'm not even sure I can decribe it faithfully but I'll have a go! it was lots of junk shops, hippy shops, wicca ships & shops that sell crystals and stones and things for magic.
awesome browsing!

we went to the goddess temple & to the Glastonbury experience- both we're a bit too out there even for us but it was interesting.

We had lunch in this crazy vegetarian cafe. yummy falafel! :)

and my favourite pat of the day: we went to the herb shop! its like something out of happy potter or the lord of the rings! I wanted sooo soo badly to take photos inside the shop but I figured I'd look really rude. maybe next time we go I'll take covert phone photos!

AND IT WAS SUNNY. well, for most of the day- we'll have o go back and see the tor & the cathedral..but thats ok- I could happily live somewhere like that!

Thursday, 21 April 2011

I WILL PUT PHOTOS UP NEXT WEEK

PLEASE EXCUSE THE BARE NATURE OF MY BLOG - I WILL BE PUTTING PHOTOS UP WHEN I AM BACK IN WALES & HAVE INTERNET ON MY LAPTOP!

Hagbourne dragons!! (& royal wedding mania)






haha..aww..this is super cute! :D

milletts farm!



Ice cream adventures!
:D
yussssss

Tuesday, 19 April 2011

cornflake cake nests

on a whim.
and why not.
we have made 50. my mother is going to take them to work for everyone in the office!

Monday, 18 April 2011

The hummingbird bakery

My only complaint is the american-ness of it all. but the cakes looked awesome!
I had my 1st red velvet cupcake.
:D
aww..and it came a cute little box. it was awesome.

london

yussss..It's been ages since I last ventured to the capital so this was lush! and i picked a good day for it!
:D
admittedly it was a "buiness trip" but there was plenty of time for leisure activities.

I went to Covernt garden and saw a magician and a very good string quartet.

then back to holborn.

Then to leicestor square and shopping in camden with Tony and Kim- Its all changed so much! more catacombes are open for shopping and the other market has reopened- the one oppised the lock market (they one that burned down last year...) so lots of things to explore!
camden has become a lot more junk-shop-y tho. that is my complaint. I like a good rummage as much as the next person but thats silly. you can't have an entire area of london dedicated to junk shops. its exhautsing.


Sunday, 15 May 2011

Is there nothing we won't watch?


Channel 4 have announced a new controversial four part series called “Drugs Live”. This program will investigate the effects of class A substances on users.  With recreational drug use "by 2.8m adults in England alone from 2009 to 2010” (http://goo.gl/B1mUN) and the last government dismissing it's scientific advisor it is an issue which is taboo in the UK and will be great to get the truth.
It is reported “individuals will be filmed as they use different substances” live on tv and their “physical and psychological effects will be monitored, as will their social interaction with others as the drugs enter their systems” (http://goo.gl/B1mUN) in some sort of controlled drug den.
Any volunteers?!

eurovision- uk 11th!- as reported by the BBC


Azerbaijan has been crowned the winner of this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Germany, while the UK came 11th.
Eldar Gasimov and Nigar Jamal of Ell/Nikki were voted Europe's favourites, after scoring 221 points with their love song, Running Scared.
Newly reformed band Blue notched up 100 points, whilst Ireland's entry, X Factor twins Jedward, finished eighth.
Italy's Raphael Gualazzi took second place, followed by Eric Saade from Sweden.
'Happiest man'
It is the first time that Azerbaijan has won the contest in its 56-year history, having only joined Eurovision in 2008.
Although Jamal was born in Azerbaijan, she currently lives in north London with her husband and two daughters.
On receiving the trophy, Gasimov said he was the "the happiest man in the world".
It was another disappointing year for the UK, which has not won the competition since 1997, when Katrina and the Waves triumphed with Love Shine a Light.
However, Blue managed to notch up a respectable score compared with last year's entry, who came last with only 10 points.
BlueAt one stage Blue were top of the leaderboard
At one early stage during the voting process Bulgaria and Italy both awarded the UK high scores, making it briefly top of the results table.
Host Graham Norton joked: "Quick, someone take a picture."
Last year's winner Lena Mayer-Landrut, who represented Germany again, beat the UK by seven points to finish 10th.
Viewers at home in all 43 competing nations voted for their favourite song by phone or text message, which accounted for half of each country's vote.
The other 50% was determined by five-member expert juries in each participating country.
Two rounds of semi-finals held earlier in the week whittled the competitors down to 25 finalists.
The event, which was hosted by Anke Engelke, Judith Rakers and Stefan Raab, attracted 35,000 to the Fortuna Düsseldorf Arena.

Kitteh.

Tim went away for a weekend and came back with a cat- that sounds irresponsible so here is his version of events:


"On route to Manchester on the 8th passed a house with a basement window with a grate over it, and heard mewing...

The grate wouldn't move, but I could get my hand only half way to the bottom and couldn't see the kitten. I knocked on every local door but no-one was in....so could do nothing...

...It played on my mind horrificly over the time I was away. So on arriving back in Cardiff, three days later, decided to double check if the house owner was in, or if I could still hear the mewing. if not to let them know there might be a dead cat outside their basement window...

...I got to the house and there was no mewing :( ...

...I knocked on the door...there was no answer :( ...

...Was about to leave, when the neighbour came out to go to work. I enquired about the cat, fearing the worst...
"Oh, the tennant on the bottom floor managed to get it out, and has taken it to the RSPCA, Cat Protection League and enquired if anyone owns it...actually she's looking for someone to take it off her hands because she's allergic..."

...What would you do? =^.^= Norky is now currently the owner of the cutest little kitten!!! Name ideas pwease...

YAY! I got a Kitten =^.^="

It's settling in quite well- this kitteh makes me happy as it doesn't hate me,
unlike our existing (and sumprimely unimpressed) cat.

Basicly we've spent the last week fishing the cat out of places its got stuck. cute but stressful! she looks like marmite on toast! so that is what I have ames her. even though she isn't mine.
:D

look at me taking over other peoples pets and re-naming them.

making random friends (DON'T MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH PEOPLE IN SUPERMARKETS)

OK, this is a bit of a rambling story.
bear with me.

Last sunday I went to lidals to get some breakfast for me and my wife. So I'm here, blearry eyed an the scurit bloke is kinda following me.
no, the security in Lidas, in Splott often follow people- Infact I get followed all the time. So I thought, I'll just smile at him, If he's going to folow me round whilst I buy all my shopping we may as well be on friendly terms.
that was my fatal error.
so then hes like "its nice to see a smile in the mornings- you've made my day"
and I was just akinda like" thanks".

so he went away, I got my shopping, paid for it, didn't think anything more of it.
And he stopped me on the way out of the shop.
At this point I was pretty annoyed coz he'd watched me pay for everything & I had the receipt in my hand.
hes like "so, you live near here?" and I do so i said yeah, he explained where he lived and we talked a bit about splott and I made my escape with my slowly defrosting shopping.

Later on then, like 6 or 7pm I was in Traffs room (he has a downstairs bedroom, with a big window facing out onto the street, and the bed against the window- for anyone not privy to our sleeping arrangements- as this is vital to your understanding of this story)
So I was working o my computer, lying on the bed with the curtains open, and there's a knock on the window- i look up and its the lidals man!
I didn't even tell him my address!

So I went and answred the door & we had a chat for almost an hour & off he went.

He seemed lovely & friendly- not creepy and stalkerish- but it was an odd experience none the less.

so, I seem to have made myself a new friend.
by accident.
but still, It made my day more exciting!

Primary placement

For 2 days last week I was on primary placement at a local school - just to see how the pupils are taught & what they're taught really- it was verso cute but I'm very glad to be back at "big school" now with my stroppy teenage classes & their attitude.

yeah, I know, but I never was one for making things easy for myself.

Primary school was good fun though- we identified trees using books and by looking at their leaves and bark. and we talked about photosynthesis which mostly was waaayyyy over their heads. I told them they could work out hold old a tree was when it was cut down by counting the rings on the timber- they we're much more into that.
It was a moment when I kinda wished I'd kept my moth shut to keep them on task- but enthusiasm isn't to be sniffed at and I couldn't believe that no-one had tld any of those 30 kids that before- I remember counting tree rings when I was only just in primary school- not when I was leaving it!

Annnddd we wrote our own welsh legends. that was pretty fun.

the funniest thing that happened was that one child in a lower year tried to run away from school- h told all the teachers he was running away after break, and when he attempted to make his escape he took his bag with him- except the bag got him stuck in the fence.
so he had to be rescued.
escape attempt = foiled.

assessments! Passed!

when I set this I intended not to write about work or uni really, I was worried it would be boring for anyone reading this- but this will be my only exception:

I passed my tutor assessment & my external assessment last week!
It was the most amazing feeling! the pressure is now off!
so for the next 4 weeks at school, all I have to do is not blow anyone up & I will be a "real teacher" as opposed to a PGCE student. awesomeness.

now all I ned to do is find a job...
:S

Borj al arab

Traff & I FINALLY went for food at borj al arab (76 city road) and it was delicious!

I haven't eaten such lush food since we were in morocco. annnddd they gave us so much free stuff! it was unreal! w had free traditional soup to start- and it was lush, the we had our mains, and they gave us a salad and sauce! and then we have free mint tea and fruit salad.
although by then I was too full to have eaten anything.
honestly.

I will be taking EVERYONE there from now on- including my mum next weekend!
:)
yessssssss.

Monday, 16 May 2011

retrospective- portrait


hmm..I found this on my phone looking for pictures to illustrate my 10 photo challenge- I'd forgotten how much this amused me!
This is Jen & I in the milkwood gallery shop! photographed then painted by a local artist who then exhibited there- I've never ben painted before! it was kinda cool.

photomarathon 2011

:)
I've just registered for the photo marathon in cardiff on the 11th july 2011! exciting stuff! now I' better get snapping to get some practice in! lol
nah, this should be ace!

http://www.photomarathon.co.uk/

I'll obvs put my pics up after! Eeeee! it's lush to think about something that isn't school!

The Royal wedding


Do you think the meant to do it?
haha
FAIL.

Sunday, 15 May 2011

**10 photo challenge** phone photo 1st attempt

Weird creative challenge.
though it was the right time of year!

Traffs be taking photos to show his parents when he goes to spain, got me thinking- how would you sum up where you are in your life now in 10 photos?

they can be oldies or new ones/taken for the challenge. they don't have to be taken by you.
Just thought it would be interesting!
:D














haha..I am the 1st to upload my photos! These are taken on my phone, and represent my life - the things I like, what i'm doing now, what I enjoy and a spot of cardiffness. I hope this helps explain what I meant! I'll do this properly with my "real camera" but for now, take this as an example, you can use oldies, or other peoples images, and you can take your images from other media eg, film stills if you like- anything goes!

It would be nice for people to upload directly on here & write a bit to explain rather than an album coz of peoples privacy settings etc.

I'm excited now! get snapping peoples!!
xxx




Sun flowers

:D
Traff and I both bought a Kids "sunflower growing" kit from Tesco the weekend before last. so we planted them (in the containers provided, with adult supervision, of course) and thy have been o the window still ever since.
I put our names on the pots and ever the responsible one in this pairing made it into  competition.(lauz & Pancake).

for the 1st week I was both the winner and the loser of our competition- I had one HUGE sunflower and one tiddley one- traffs have both grown at pretty much the same rate.

So now the competition is interesting- they're all outside in pots. Traff moved them this morning so there will be more outside influences O_o.
(normally the cat wil decide to take a dump in the containers we use for plants and that will be then end of whatever was growing)
I shall keep you updated as to the winner & take some photos when/if they flower!

ending in "UM"


No comments:

Post a Comment