Saturday 18 May 2013

Cars. Dammit.

As you may already know, because I've ranted enough about it- My car is playing silly buggers.

I really love my car- it's lush- it's so lovely to drive and it has a big sunroof and it's a special sparkly blue/purple colour and it has keyless entry so it doesn't matter that I lost my keys some where in my ginormous handbag and it's all whizzy and fancy.
I have not fallen out of love with my car.
I have fallen out with Renault.

As a result I have been looking for a new car.

I think I have finally found something which I rather like- and having done plenty of careful research I have now booked a test drive.

Before I enlighten you as to my choice of car, please allow me to justify it.

1) It's super reliable.
2) It's cheap to insure/tax.
3) It's cheap to run.
4) It's for old people. Old people like good value, sensible unflashy things.
5) Toyota's garage fees are loads less than what Renault charge- e.g a diagnostic test with renault is £96 and they do that for EVERYTHING including blown fuses. Toyota charge £60 for diagnostics, and they change fuses, bulbs and punctures for free without a diagnostic test. Now that is common sense and excellent customer service- not to mention their idea of a "long" wait for repairs is 2 days - Renault have happily made me wait weeks!

For these reasons- and a few more which I'll happily divulge if asked- I have now set my heart on a Toyota Auris.

Just incase like me you're not so good at identifying cars- here is a picture of one with an old person driving it:


I bet you weren't expecting that.

I have a test drive booked for tomorrow- so I'll let you know what I think then.
It's much smaller and more economical than my current car- so that'll be a bit weird- but I guess it's time for a change.

As the mechanic said who came to repair my car (3rd time this month) said:

"People only buy a Renault once".

... yeah, I'm feeling that...




No comments:

Post a Comment