Monday 6 May 2013

steveington windmill, Cavalcade, Owls, Houghton house and how I parked in 2 ditches on 2 different occasions

Yesterday after our yummy dinner at the swan (who knew there were so many different ways to top a baked potato?! they are re-establised as the best kind of food, other than cake or macaroni and cheese..)
Traff and I went for a bit of a wander about in Bromham.

As we turned onto the main road we saw a sign for a windmill- so we started to follow road sights. after about 2 miles we decided it would be better to go back and get the car.

We followed the sighs from Bromham to Steveington and eventually tracked the windmill down!
You can collect the keys from the pub and go and have a look inside!
This will be a summer adventure.
They also have a christmas tree farm. I'd never seen one before.
It's weird to see sooo many christmas trees in one place and in may- In my mind they just appear in Winter.
Christmas trees are clearly not just for christmas.

In the evening we headed out for gins and ice cream sundaes with Karl.

Today has been pretty awesome too- We were invited to Meet with Michelle , Aaron and Fern and Rushton Cavalcade- We also met with Si, Karl and Anita too.

I very much enjoyed the cavalcade- its just a really massive country show.
my personal highlights were the 1800s bicycle display, the owls, the wolf-huskies and classic cars.
I also did some junk shop browsing.
And had ice cream.
What more could you want from a day out?
AND Traff for to tickle the belly of an owl.
I wasn't brave enough.

We had to head back for traff to go to work but we ended up leaving a little earlier than expected when we realised we'd parked my car illegally- it was announced over the tannoy.
I never said I was good at parking.
We had intended to move it and head back- but it took so long to un-ditch the car that we ended up just having to head back.

on the bright side I wasn't sat out long enough to get sunburnt.

Traff and I had lunch together- which is a real novelty- and whilst he had a nap on the sofa before work I made a picnic for tomorrow- I was pretty impressed- so that means I get a lie in on monday now too!

I dropped traff at work and I was just going to head home, but it was such a lovely day it seemed a shame to waste it- after all british summers usually end in June and sunshine is fleeting- so I took the car to Ampthill.
My plan had been to go to Ampthill park and have a look at the views- one of my work colleagues had told me before that it's beautiful.
What I ended up doing was going to Houghton house.
Which is pretty stunning on it's own.

I then drove into Ampthill- intending to find somewhere to park and walk back up the hill to Ampthill park but I didn't have any luck at all. so I went for a bit of a country drive back to Bedford.

I'm just mooching about now.
Trying to persuade my sister to book the indoor play centre in Swansea out for her birthday- they do evening sessions where you can take alcohol!
I'm not making it up!- Seeee:
http://www.theplayzone.co.uk/playzone-swansea/adult-activities.htm

I've also planted some night scented stock. I finally conceded that my fuscia plant is dead, so it has been recycled and I'm growing my seeds in the pot.
Our front room is starting to look a bit like a jungle.




No comments:

Post a Comment