Thursday 4 October 2012

October 2011


Sunday, 30 October 2011

Other cardiffian adventures!


live lounge with Josh & Sah 


My wife, pregnant with a pumpkin- gotta carve that later! it's nearly halloween!


smooch in milgi- he started it though!

Milgi bar has knitte walls! I want this! In my house! yes!


Lychee and rose martini- this was AMAZING! lychee vodka and rosewater with dried roses in it! yummmy


El pasos for birthday tea- they even let us wear the sombreros. yessss.. this is my 2nd favourite resturant in cardiff- the morroccan one is deffo my favourite, but it was closed- so we'll have to go back to cardiff for Tagine soon! :D

The Specials






this was an awesome night- just what we needed to end my week off with a bang! :D

It was like old times! more of this please!

Thank you cardiffian people for a lovely evening- it was such a laugh! more gigs please x

Post from Germany






Thank you very much :D

I'll let you know what I think of chocolate tea! x

Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Pre pretend birthday

Traff made me open all my cards earlier- because the one he sent me from moonpig arrived, and he was a bit excited.

:D lots of cards- including one that sings!


this is the one traff made for me- cute or harsh? that is the question!


see- I didn't open everything! just my cards.


my auntie sent me a topshop voucher so I got some new dancing shoes to go to cardiff with! get in! :D

I'm having my "pretend" birthday tomorrow- otherwise I will have to take my birthday stuff to wales- which seems a bit backwards- we're going out tomorrow evening for my birthday- buffalo bar for food then off to live lounge- we're staying at sahs.

hopefully on friday we can go for dinner and then we're off to the specials!
:D

(I can't outdo the specials with my birthday so I'll move my event!)

we're really excited for cardiff! bring on the adventure!

Diwali

Happy Diwali everyone!
:D

I'm sad because all the celebrations in bedford happened on monday!
but still, A very happy hindu new year's eve!

here are some stolen photos to make up for a lack of any of my own:



make sure any cardiff readers enjoy treats from shopright!
:D

Monday, 24 October 2011

allotment


our allotment is from my bag on the left to the post on the right, huuggeeeee.


 look at my potato haul! we have vegetables & we haven't even planted anything yet! there may yet be more of these, I've barely started digging!

my digging is there on the left.


the potatos are in the bag! in the front bit I've planted some onions, and the rest of the ground I've dug I covered with plastic- I'm hoping it won't blow away!

what shall I grow now?

My classroom library

Winchester town







Winchester national trust



all stately homes should have a "man room" where you can leave your male family members completely engrossed in playing with their favourite childhood toys- a shame he ignored the "do not touch" sign.



yes, so if I was to redecorate my flat- clearly this would be the best style for it- decadaent 1940s with a touch of tudor abbey.


I NEED these!


this was the discovery of the day! this stuff is completely amazing!- and we were able to sit outside in october! :D

LEGO!

Traff had a crazy idea for Either/or's tank- he's keen to make him something to explore out of lego- I told ray & John- so we drove to abingdon tesco to get some lego!
:D
I'll be honest- Ray was much better at lego than me.





the finished fihs- palace creation! (it's too big for the tank!)


this is the worst game of hide-and-seek ever.
:(

The Pitt Rivers

Kirstie and I went to Oxford for an adventure- Thank you very much for an ace day out!




the pitt rivers dwarfed by the roots from a sustainably sourced rainforest tree to try and encourage people to think about where their wood comes from/rainforest destruction.
I'll be honest- I knew they were big, but not this big!


shrunken heads! morbidly fascinating- in the "treatment of dead enemies" case!


Parka made from seal intestines.



The pitt rives is a priave collection and it is chaotic! everything is put together so "religious items" are in one case "egyptian items" are in another case etc 



this is my favourite thing ever! I have already warned kirstie that if she ever gets married she IS wearing the beard and eyebrows! AMAZING! 


Dinosaurs!

Kirstie - we will go for Japanese food at christmas! WE WILL! I'm gutted we couldnt go on saturday coz it smelled sooooo good!

PLAN


I'm sure you recall me going on,and on..and on about plan in the summer- well, I've done it! I'm sponsoring a child to go to school to help make an underdeveloped community sustainable.

I said I didn't mind which country the child was from- in honesty I don't mind. I have never lived in any of the countries that plan work with- so I am not capable of judging where my pennies are best spent.

today I had my joining pack- and here is the child I am helping:



I didn't realise how involved the charity likes people to be- apparently we are expected to write! :S eek

we are also encouraged to visit. but that sounds rather intrusive and scary so I'll leave it.

I am however rather looking forward to my letter.

it's a bit crazy to think that £15 a month could have such a huge difference to someones life- £15 a month- I spend more than that in the pub, or at the cinema or in tesco on silly things I don't need but just "want".
in actual fact- sponsoring a child is less expensive than buying a months supply of hair conditioner! just to try and put the cost into perspective.

I'm not sure I've ever spent a better £15.
:D


Cloning plants pt 2

sooo..after one class's cloning attempts (taking cuttings) I look like I have a greenhouse- not a classroom- a voila:


the only thing is it's half term next week- so I guess they will all have to have a holiday in my kitchen..along with the additional 10 to be created on friday..

O_o

ssshhhh
don't tell traff.

Monday, 17 October 2011

80s costume

My parents, some family friends, Traff, ray, John & I are going to an 80s night in December.
its a glam rock theme.
so it'll be awesome!

Ray, John, Traff & I (and possibly my parents) are keen to dress up so we spent last night ebaying for something to wear.
these are my soon to be shiney new things:



gonna get me some fishnetty tights and crimp my hair- maybe get a bow to go in my hair and some freaky make up- jobs a good-un!

I hope ray will be on hand to do my make up:


winner!

now I just have to dress traff up now!

any thoughts greatly appreciated. or maybe I'll just jam him into my extra dress!

New addition

I won a goldfish at the funfair!


This is "either-or".

Pete named him by selecting a word on the menu with his eyes shut.

Traff was so excited about having a new pet that he introduced the idea on the phone to James by saying "laura and I have an addition to our family...."


cloning plants


someone told me you can grow fusias from cuttings...we're doing cuttings with hormone rooting powder next week- this will be my most expensive lesson ever!

Rooting powder off amazon and a tenners worth of half dead fusias from homebase. now I have a garden-kitchen.
this could get out of hand when I have 30 of the things in addition to the original 2.

however, we can plant them in the allotment-garden.
I hope traff likes fusias.
Very very much.

Sophie came for tea :D

Sophie came to visit me today :D it was lovely to see her and catch up- and to hear about how her PGCE is going- sounds like she's awesome!

as an introduction to bedford we went to the fancy cake shop & to the park for a mooch and to see the duckies and bats and enjoy the unseasonal sunshine (sunburned face in october?!)



Traff made us a proper little kid dinner of sausages, chips and spaghetti hoops & then Jules & Pete came to get us to go to the funfair!

we went on the twisty thing, and in the hall of mirrors! which was amazing! and then I won a goldfish. we got a bit cold & soph was feeling a bit over twizzled poorly so we went to the embankment for a hot chocolate & then home!

all in all a good day was had.

Sunday, 9 October 2011

urban ex

North Wales hospital: Denbigh, north Wales (Âİ Alamy)


Fear of prosecution for trespass notwithstanding, the former Denbigh asylum, in north Wales, is a popular urbex site. When it opened, as North Wales Counties Lunatic Asylum, in 1848, it was the first Welsh-language facility for the mentally ill; over the years, patients were treated using everything from lobotomies to electric shock therapy. Closed in 1995, the imposing and ghoulish grade two listed building has been looted, but rusty wheelchairs, a creepy morgue and rows of hospital beds have been left among the shattered and peeling corridors. 



this place fascinates me. I'd love to go and see it, but I know I'd get caught!
:(

Sky makes us vegan dinner




Sky invited us, Dave, Kirstie & mile for dinner- good food, good company & Skittles vodka!
:D

even the cabbage was good!

sky can cook more often!

Kirsty made cupcakes for pudding too but we ate them before I thought to take a photo- sorry kirsty! x

new harrods dress


I likes it! gonna order it soon- I tried it on in the shop- as you can see, and I wasn't sure, but looking back I think I like it more.
:D

thoughts?
or better ideas?

Sunday, 9 October 2011

Big rock






I sucked royally at rock climbing- I enjoyed the bouldering though- traff was amazing- scampering up and down walls like he'd done it since the day he was born!
lol


Thursday, 6 October 2011

They're here!

the smashing pumpkins tickets are come!

tickets - check
hotel- check
good company- check

now just a month and 10 days to wait!

thats the hard bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment