Sunday 30 September 2012

Stowe landscape gardens

Today I went to Stowe with my family- I went to my parents on Friday for John's birthday (we went to Aroma grill and it was yummy! we had wine and filled all john's pockets with "happy birthday" glitter when he wasn't looking).
On saturday I finished ALL my xmas shopping for my friends (just family to do now!) and today we drove to Stowe- its perfect because its half way between both our hometowns.
:D

Ray had to buy my shopping in the gift shop because I left my debit card in my car.
Fail.

Autumn days are perfect national trust days-
1) its always just that little bit too cold for people with very small children and the elderly- so its quite quiet.
2) Auntum makes everything pretty- all the colours and the leaves- even when they sky is steely grey.
3) cold days when the evenings draw in make you feel like a naughty teenager who should be home by now!

Anyways, to the photographs:


I took this picture whilst we were waiting for mum- she has a new phone and wanted to use it to take pictures which was taking AGES (turns out she was pressing the wring button).. then Dad wanted to have a go at taking photos so...


He took this one.


The folly.. that hill is steeper than it looks.


Look at the leaves turning! it must be nearly halloween!

crispy leaves!


We sat down for a little on the steps to the Queens temple. I persuaded ray to jump down the steps and took her photo.- and she nicked my scarf (AND she sat on my coat because the dress is new..)

Then Dad wanted another go at photography- so he took this one

look at us both landing so gracefully... :S jarred knees all round.

We told him to press the shutter on 3- and jumped! I'm in the air. Ray isn't quite but she has such lovely ballerina arms.


The grotto



My parents.


Ray doing her best "drama Tree"

No comments:

Post a Comment