Saturday 20 October 2018

Trying to be more environmentally conscious

So, this week our council became the first in the country to abandon it's plastic recycling services and tell residents to put their plastic in the normal bin to save money.

This has redoubled my awareness of the amount of plastic we use as a household. I'm in the process of switching all of our bathroom products to lush products- the containers can all be returned to gain discount on your next purchase. They're also ethical, and good to their staff so I'm happy to have an excuse to buy more.

At work we've started collecting plastic to make ecobricks. I need to do some more research but this seems like a good solution.

I'd like to start making my own soups etc as that will reduce the plastic we use too, but one step at a time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment