Friday 19 October 2018

One step closer to home ownership!

It's been a crazy few days. If you've never bought a house, I'll forewarn you that it's bizarre. You fill out forms. They all go off into the ether, periodically they're replaced with different forms and then suddenly everything happens all at once and is extremely time pressured.

So yesterday the mortgage contract arrived, as did the request for the deposit to be paid (minimum 5 working days before the completion date- and there were only 8 working days to go). Just as traff was due to leave for a flight to Spain.
So we spent the afternoon running round to banks and solicitors getting everything signed and transferred etc.

This morning I made the final money transfer and all the required phone calls.
Bought something on Amazon and fell fowl of the fraud department at the bank and had all my accounts temporarily frozen.

I celebrated both the final payment and the reinstatement of my accounts I bought a Halloween jumper from peacocks and a Halloween bath bomb from lush.
The cashier gave me a pumpkin one for free to celebrate my house buying!
I love lush even more now!

No comments:

Post a Comment