Friday 29 December 2017

Christmas day

This has been our first family christmas in a very long time!
My Nan stayed with us- which is a large part of my "radio silence" in the run up to the big day..I've been cleaning!
Our house has honestly never been so remarkably clean and tidy- or as organised! I managed to fill 6 of our 7 recycling boxes before christmas (I'm certain I've already explained the recycling box saga.. we started with 3, it's all got extremely out of hand and now they all take up the whole front garden. urgh, saving the planet does take up more space and look unsightly.)

My Nan seemed to enjoy herself, she kept saying it was all very cozy. We spent christmas eve here, we watched miracle on 34th street.
I had planned to go to midnight mass, but we ended up drunk on prosecco and in bed by 10:30!

Chrismas day was a pretty low key affair. Traff and I fed Marley at 7:30 am (Even she has a lie in on special occasions!) and then exchanged presents with Traff in bed. He did an awesome job! I have a possessed cat mug, drag queen colouring book, new slippers and my sugar tong bangle! He was paying attention!
He had an array of manly underwear and new PJs ( all from M&S of course!).

We did a big fry up for everyone and by the time we were all washed, fed and dressed it was 10:30am- by the time we fed Albie and drove to Chippenham it was gone 11am.
The boys went to the pub, The ladies watched old cinefilm from the 1950s and we had a very impressive lunch made by my mother- Who makes the best Christmas dinner going!

No comments:

Post a Comment