Sunday 31 December 2017

Bike delivery


I had a few jobs to do yesterday, the most pressing was to deliver my mountain bike to Tracey, as she's keen to go cycling with Ray in the new year but her bike is in Yorkshire and she'l have to wait for a relative with a much bigger car to bring it down.

Theoretically cycling to hers really isn't an issue- I know the route now because I'd ben cycling over to feed Albie. Actually my easy bike ride turned into a series of challenges.

Fisrtly, the shed lock has seized because of the cold weather, so I ended up taking the door off with a screwdriver to get the bike in the first place.
And then, there were spiders.

That all dealt with I  started my cycling, but to try and make up time, instead of taking the main cycle path I thought I'd cut through Mannington Rec. This was the first mistake. It was too flooded and muddy to cycle and when I got to the low bridge the stream had burst it's banks and had flooded the path. It was so dark it was difficult to tell what was stream and what was flooded path.

Once I got onto the cycle network it was fine, but by that point I was already muddy to the knees, flithy and soaking wet. 

I felt like I was on GTA and you get points knocked off for the state of the car after delivery.

Tracey was happy thought and didn't seem to mind that I was filthy. She made us a really awesome lunch and we watched "Rachel"- The book Daphne du Maurier write after "Rebecca". It was pretty good actually but I now feel like I should read the book.

I spent the evening trying to de-glitter my nails and watching the end of Victoria with Marley. So all in all it was a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment