Saturday 19 November 2016

Xmas wreath making

Today I went to Abi's for a craft day. We had planned to go shopping but decided a more chilled out day was required.

We made our own wreath centres rather than buying them. We used cardboard and padded it (I padded mine with old tinsel and abi padded hers with wadding) so that we could use pins to affix things.

We both wound strips of burlap sacking around the padding as a backing fabric (as an aside, I got 2 sacks off amazon for £2 a fat quarter in hobbycraft is £8 so forward planning is key!).

We then made some fabric ribbons and then built up layers and textures, pinning each layer in place.

I'm pretty proud of my wreath, and traff said it looked "really good" and that I had improved.
So, I am allowed to affix it to the door. Plastic trumpet and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment