Sunday 27 November 2016

Scuba diving










Today Traff and I went Scuba diving (Using my birthday voucher! Eeeeee!) The course was at The Eagle House School.
Which looks like the kind of school that Malory Towers could be set in! It's really pretty, and they have their own pool, which was really the selling point to the diving instructors (That's my guess anyway..)

It was a taster course designed to get your familiar with the kit before doing a PADI open water diving course, and it was the first time either of us had been diving.

Before the course we had to fill in health forms, which were pretty complicated- 

  • Do you currently have an ear infection?
  • Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
  • Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
  • Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?Doyouhaveahistoryofrespiratoryproblems,severeattacksofhayfeverorallergies,orlungdisease?
  • Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
  • Do you have active asthma or history of emphysema or tuberculosis?
  • Areyoucurrentlytakingmedicationthatcarriesawarningaboutanyimpairmentofyourphysicalor mental abilities?
  • Do you have behavioral health, mental or psychological problems or a nervous system disorder?
  • Are you or could you be pregnant?
  • Do you have a history of colostomy?
  • Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?      Doyouhaveahistoryofhighbloodpressure,angina,ortakemedicationtocontrolbloodpressure?Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
  • Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
  • Do you have a history of diabetes?   Doyouhaveahistoryofseizures,blackoutsorfainting,convulsionsorepilepsyortakemedicationsto prevent them?
  • Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery?Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?
i   I was pretty paranoid all week that I would get a cold, and I kind of forgot to verify all the truly relevant points (I suffer from seizures and had a collapsed lung) I had intended to go to the doctors and just double check that this was fine, but after all the chaos I didn't get a chance. So I spent the first 30 minutes convinced that I would managed to explode my own lungs and die after the extremely rigours pre-dive safety training.
    As you can see, I survived so they were over zealous!
    We really enjoyed diving, I sucked at it because I was freaking out for most of it, but once I calmed down I enjoyed myself!


I


No comments:

Post a Comment