Saturday 5 November 2016

Fireworks!

I love Autumn. I know. I say it daily but I really do. I Iike going out in the dark and feeling like a naughty teenager out past curfew, I like wearing my ear earmuffs and honing my low light photography skills.
I also like that I can go out without getting sunburnt, which is a dead certainly if I even consider going outside between March and the end of September.

And I.know that facebook is full.of people who hate fireworks because the wake the baby and scare the dog, but I love them!

Fireworks are nostalgic. As a child my whole family would go to the fireworks display at brasenose park, and my dad would bring polythene sheeting home from work for us to sit on and drink thermos hot chocolate whilst we waited for the show. We had sparklers and luminous badges and bracelets and it was always magical.
As a teenager my friends and I would watch from the road as we didn't have £5 for entry. Not such a good view but still special.
As a student we always went to.the big display in Cardiff, and as an adult I still love going to see the fireworks!

I guess fireworks always being the week after my birthday somehow mark the passing of another year. A bit like they do for new years. Another event that shows the passing of time.

I like the period between Autumn and winter best if all. This Is the cold, crisp, foggy weather and when houses look.all cozy with their lights on. Its the season of lights: house lights, fireworks and the start of the Christmas lights too. It always feels exciting. And purposeful, I guess there is always something to be doing between now and December, shopping, decorating, cooking, meeting people. Everyone becomes festively cheery about mid november.

Anyway, todays fireworks were awesome, and a bit dramatic as the bonfire set a tree alight and the fire engine came lights and all to sort it! So much excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment