Thursday 24 December 2015

Pre xmas xmas dinner




On Sunday My mum, Dad, Aunt ,uncle, sister and I travelled to see my Nan and to have our traditional pre xmas dinner together.
It was really lovely to see everyone, it's a bit sad really as since my parents moved house to somewhere smaller and further away we haven't had a family christmas because no-one has the space for everyone to fit in any more- let alone stay over or eat a sit down meal!

In a way it's nicer, no-one has the pressure of having house guests for days at a time or the responsibility for cooking (Which always sucks because you don't get to enjoy christmas because you're dealing with a series of small pan fires- or at least that is always what happened in our household). it's much more relaxed, and some one else will do the washing up. I do get the impression that my Nan doesn't entirely approve, but I can't see her being delighted with sleeping on our living room floor either so hopefully she's weighed it up as the lesser of the evils.

I really enjoyed catching up with everyone- I write to my Nan most weeks so I'm usually up to date with her news, but writing to someone isn't the same as actually speaking to them. I especially enjoyed catching up with my Aunt who I haven't seen for ages- Her team at work won a nobel prize for their work on neutrino physics so she had loads of cool things to tell me about- and hopefully some handy stuff for work too! My uncle was giving me handy tips for my telescope (Traff got me a telescope for xmas- obviously I didn't look or anything I'm just psychic) and I had a good catch up with Ray too.

All in all, we established that my life is very mundane! 



No comments:

Post a Comment