Saturday 12 December 2015

Phil made mince pies!

One thing I really miss about not having a family christmas with my parents is that for the last 2 years I haven't had a single home made mince pie!
My mum's are awesome and she always used to make enough to feed the entire street twice over- Whenever anyone came over to drop something off they'd have a coffee and a mince pie (and probably a bag to take home) As a kid it's just something I really too for granted, but as an adult I really miss them in a nostalgic way.

It's not worth making mince pies really for just me (Traff doesn't eat them) and we're so busy in the xmas run up that we're never here to have visitors- we're always visiting, so my home made mince pie cravings have been ignored... until now!
These are Phil's first ever attempt at mince pies and he did brilliantly- puff pasty, not shortcrust which was a nice change and lots of currants!
:D
It's officially christmas now!
Phil is the mince pie king!





No comments:

Post a Comment