Tuesday 24 March 2015

Morag Spearfish is my Alias

I was watching an episode of Jonathan Creek and one of the characters was called Mr Spearfish.
I told Traff I thought it was the best name ever!

He said that if we ever had to run away together to evade the law, we would be Mr & Mrs Spearfish.
Mr River Spearfish and Mrs Morag Spearfish, our respective favourite names.

I was talking to Jay about it- his initial response was to say that I would never pass as a Morag, He then decided that if I had brown hair and rounder glasses I could be a Morag.

We started to discuss what she would be like- and this is what we have concluded:

  • She wears a tweed jacket and a brown pencil skirt with a long slit up the back to show just slightly too much leg, with stockings, not tights.
  • She wears sturdy brown leather shoes, from a shoe maker.
  • She is stern looking and wears her hair in a bun, except in the evening where she lets it doesn't and is foot loose and fancy free- but never in front of the butler.
  • She's outdoorsy, but doesn't like the sea.
  • She works as a librarian and consultant from the chaise lounge in the library but on Saturdays she enjoys shooting pheasants with the men.
  • She likes the finer things in life.
  • She wears tasteful gold jewellery.
Needless to say I'd make a rather rubbish Morag Speafish- so ladylike and serious.

My plan B alter ego is to be Rhydian Davies, A gay painter and decorator from South Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment