Sunday 8 March 2015

House guests and Si Puo Danzare

My sister came to stay on Friday night- She was working up in London and as I haven't seen her in ages I was excited about catching up with her.
We just spent the night chatting rubbish and gossiping- It turns out that my father has taken up cookery with a fair bit of success now that Ray has introduced him to the hairy bikers cook book, and he's trying to be a bit more healthy, Much to my mothers delight.
I'm excited to experience his new healthy cooking. His speciality used to be pie and chips- as long as the pie and the chips both came out of the freezer and just went into the oven.

On Saturday we went into town- Ray wanted some summery clothes for her holidays and we needed to get some bits and bobs for my Dad's upcoming 60th Birthday.
We got balloons, badges and bunting.
More bunting!
My mum sent us a message asking us tp buy "Party Ra's" this turned out to be a typo of "Party table cloth" (I don't even know, so don't ask) but the illusive party Ra  instruction kept us rather busy.

Confusion cleared up, we went to TK Maxx for summery stuff. Ray ended up buying a back pack and flip flops (Although she did get strappy tops and skirts in primark so we did win!) I ended up buying 2 pairs of shorts- one from the ladies section (Which remind me of knocker bockers) and one from the mens section which have a pattern of fishing lures on them. Delightful.

I sent this picture of them to Jay and he just replied "Oh god".
I think that means he'd like to borrow them.
:D
I like mens shorts much better than the ones in the women's section- if I wanted to run around with my bum out, surely it'd be more effective to just wear nothing? Besides, I'm almost 30 I'm far too old for showing that much flesh (Besides, it'll only upset the bystanders).

We did all our shopping and managed to get back to the flat for 11:30 when Helen arrived. We had a catch up and some lunch, the headed off to our dance class and to meet Tats.
We infiltrated the Bedford Early Dance and Music Society- I went to one of their sessions in September which was regency dancing so we thought we'd give renaissance italian dancing a go.
http://www.dhds.org.uk/bedm/
I'm not a very good dancer but I did enjoy the challenge and it was quite good fun. It was much slower and less formal than the regency dancing so it was easier to pick up.
the session ran 2-6pm and by the end of the 4 hours I had some unusual aches.

This was the style of dancing we learned today- all feet, no arms!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7cediL_X18

We walked from the community centre to the white horse- as in my infinite wisdom I'd forgotten that it was miles away (Actual miles, not literal ones).
Traff and Karl had to wait almost 45 minutes for us to arrive but it was worth it- they had a man chat and got some beers in so they couldn't really complain.
We really earned our fried dinners and yummy puddings (The white horse is my favourite pub because it sells an amazing burger and the pudding menu is awesome)
Post pub we all went back to the flat and chilled out to some smashing pumpkins.
I think that counts as a successful weekend.

The weather was gorgeous, if we'd known we would probably have gone paddle boarding instead of dancing- fingers crossed for a sunny evening soon so that we can get back out on the water!





No comments:

Post a Comment