Wednesday 25 February 2015

Night Hike

On Monday night Tats and I took the Brownies on a night hike through the woods- I completely forgot we were going outside so I had to go on a hike in my work clothes and wellies- as did Vicky. oops.
We did both have wellies in the car- otherwise my boots would have taken another muddy battering from the great outdoors.

We also had glow sticks. this was useful as I also forgot my torch.

We hiked through the woods hoping to hear some owls, but all the shouting about werewolves probably scared them off- after all, who wants to spend time in woods with a were wolf?

We played hide and seek in the paddock. Hiding was easy as it was so dark you couldn't see you hand in front of your face! It ended up being sardines with everyone in the same hiding place (mostly hedges) huddled together for warmth.

Then we had a treasure hunt- Tats had made each child a CD with their name on in big letters- they had to find their CD using their torch and not tell anyone else where their CD was. This was really good fun- I'd happily do that again!
After shouting warnings about looking where you're going, I was the only person to run into a tree. very scratched arms, thankfully my face was unscathed.

We went back indoors for hot chocolate to finish the evening off. I think a good evening was had by all!




Nolegs wasn't feeling the glow sticks- this is him hiding from them. not a disco fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment