Sunday 23 June 2013

Crewe, Wittenham Clumps and mortality- 16/06/13

This week has been ever so slightly miserable and a bit of a whirlwind- the point of this blog is not be be miserable and melancholic- but I do feel that there is a need to explain my mid-week adventures and perhaps my slightly unusual mood.

On thursday evening I headed from my training course to my parent's house to stay with them and my nan so that we could all leave for crewe early on friday morning.

My parents house is pretty small- and with me,my nan, both my parents and my sister in it and all of us not feeling awesome tensions quickly grew so I suggested that we take a walk up wittenham clumps.

I haven't been there since I was a kid- it's beautiful- it's a nature reserve and a site of scientific interest so it's all left to grow as meadow with wild flowers- and there are woods on top of the hills and paths leading down to the river and the weir- and round to shillingford- although we didn't walk anything like that far!

My dad has 5 days left working at the powerstation- it closed 3 months ago now, and soon they will start to take down the chimneys and buildings- so I took the chance to take some photos of it- it might be the last chance I get!
it's so weird how much everything seems to change- and how quickly! perhaps thats a feeling I should get used to?

When we got home we finished off the chocolate port.

Then we moved onto the madeira. which was disgusting.

It was pretty weird being home- everyones heads were so full of other things that my parent's didn't notcice that we didn't have enough beds for everyone! I had to sleep in the dining room on the fold out sofa- which was odd.
I woke up in the night and was very confused- and then I woke up again at dawn to the sun streaming in through the conservatory and kitchen windows.

I went with ray in her car to Crewe- we met my parents and Nan at services- I think it was a much needed break as I doubt their car was as cheery as our was.

Crewe we a headache to drive round- I'm so glad I wasn't driving- ray tried to drive through a pedestrian gate into the crematorium- which would have been quite an entrance.
:S
possibly not in keeping with the theme of things.




No comments:

Post a Comment