Friday 5 April 2013

April 2011


Hagbourne dragons!! (& royal wedding mania)






haha..aww..this is super cute! :D


Thursday, 21 April 2011

Tuesday, 19 April 2011

cornflake cake nests

on a whim.
and why not.
we have made 50. my mother is going to take them to work for everyone in the office!

Monday, 18 April 2011

The hummingbird bakery

My only complaint is the american-ness of it all. but the cakes looked awesome!
I had my 1st red velvet cupcake.
:D
aww..and it came a cute little box. it was awesome.

london

yussss..It's been ages since I last ventured to the capital so this was lush! and i picked a good day for it!
:D
admittedly it was a "buiness trip" but there was plenty of time for leisure activities.

I went to Covernt garden and saw a magician and a very good string quartet.

then back to holborn.

Then to leicestor square and shopping in camden with Tony and Kim- Its all changed so much! more catacombes are open for shopping and the other market has reopened- the one oppised the lock market (they one that burned down last year...) so lots of things to explore!
camden has become a lot more junk-shop-y tho. that is my complaint. I like a good rummage as much as the next person but thats silly. you can't have an entire area of london dedicated to junk shops. its exhautsing.

Sunday, 17 April 2011

Red Kites

We get red kites in didcot, the powerstation keep them to stop pidgeons nesting in the cooling towers.
they're HUGE.

My mother has taken to feeding them. Today they had a whole corned beef. cut in half. I spent a large proportion of the day documenting the plight of the corned beef so I figure I should update you on the whole story and the outcome (yeah, I don't love you enough to text you any more).

first they came and sat in the tree (its kinda bent now, they like sitting on it but its too skinny to support them..) and called for other red kites- at this point I got excited and got the camera hoping to document the corned beef's demise. they circled the garden a bit and went away again. they mistrusted the corned beef. or maybe they could see me through the conservatory roof (as my mother helpfully informed me it is made of glass so they can see through...ta. ).

about an hour later they came back..normally they kinda swoop in, grab whatever it is and fly off- they don't land to eat it. so its quite impressive.
anyway, they came back and circled the garden- there were 4 at one point casting massive shadows. all the smaller birds vanished the whole time they were flying over the house.

In the end the seem to have concluded the the corned beef wasn't going anywhere very fast. So it has survived.sat on the lawn. I bet its pleased with itself.
hopefully the hedgehogs will eat it now over nighttime- or maybe the Kites will come back tomorrow..either way it was a dissapointing ending.
:(

clearly I will never be a wildlife photographer. I lack the patience.

Clivedon

went for a mooch to Clivedon with my parents. It was lovely- I'm not sure I've ever been before and the weather was lush (infact, It was so good I'm sunburnt in time for my job interview tomorrow..)

We had cream teas then mooched round the grounds and down to the thames & walked along the towpath.
I had forgotten how pretty the countryside in england is- I know thats a dumb statement but I'm so used to looking at beacons/mountain/grey cardiff its been a welcome change!

Oxford- morris dancing

I met up with Ray, Kirstie, Lizzie and Lucy for shopping and mooching- It was sooo good to catch up and see people!
:)
we went to watch Lizzied friend Tasha dance- and stayed to watch the whole thing! it was ace! in an odd kind of a way. we had lunch in the covered market & we went to hobbs so it was a pretty all inclusive oxford experince.

afterwards we went for cocktails in Que pasa & then ray, John & I went for dinner in Al Gustos. IN DIDICOT! how good is that?
I recomend!

Sunday, 17 April 2011

Debbie's 50th

yesss..so, you thought going away on holiday would save you from birthday madness?
no.
we'll just decorate the outside of your house guerilla style and leave it like that untill you get back from your holidays.

sorry we clothes lined you with "50 today" bunting.
xxx

Sunday, 10 April 2011

mountain adventure

yeah, I know, I've been buisy and lazy so now I have 1000 bazillion things to update on here all at once.

Trist and I went for an adventure looking for a good view- we did find one but my beloved camera is now to old and decreped to deal with the dark/distance/rain.
O_o
AANNNDDDD we got chip-shop chippys with curry sauce and blue pop and ate them in the car. so that was yummy.



The Grand National

The grand national horse race was on saturday!
every year I place a £1 bet on the horse with the silliest name- so far I haven't won so maybe my selection system needs to be reviewed.
this year the horse that let me down was named
"becauseicouldntsee"
...perhaps I should have taken the hint...

Sunny sunday! :)






Winner

Goodbye Elisabeta! we will miss you! xxx

Elisabeta is off back to italy on friday.
:(
Its been ace having you here! I hope you've enjoyed your stay in cardiff & I hope you come back and stay again soon- you're more than welcome any time!

although, all clouds have silver linings- Italy is much prettier and warmer than th UK, and when you move away you get presents:

so, see, it can't be all bad!

easter bonnets

My bonnet.

Lou's bonnet

Jen's bonnet

All modeled by Tim. :)
we're having an easter bonnet competition on tuesday at brownies- so we thought we ought to join in!
outdoor making!
= super sunburn.
but I'm not complaining about the 1st sunburn of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment