Tuesday 13 November 2012

Clothes swap to raise money for plan's "because I am a girl" campaign

At work today there was a clothes swap for "because I am a girl" to raise money to support Plans work in developing countries and rural communities to encourage them to send their female children to school and to try to prevent child or forced marriages.

I already support plan- I sponsor a child to go to school in Africa- her name is Nomsa.
She sends me drawings of her village as she doesn't speak english- but I kinda like that better!

So, two things very close to my heart- Plan's good work and other peoples rubbish!
I didn't take any of my junk- but I did get:

A Navy blue tunic style knitted top from kookai with buttons down the front
A biscuit coloured long cardigan with pockets
A purple flowers short sleeved cardigan (you know I can't avoid a cardigan disguised as a curtain!)
A blue and white striped sailoresque jumper dress from oasis.

So all in all it's been a good week so far!

Aaannnnddd we had chocolate because it Diwali.

And Randi made me a cake yesterday to make up for not realising it was my birthday when I was off! she made a lush sponge cake with plumbs and crumble stuff on the top!
like a stewed fruit cake!
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment