Tuesday 11 September 2012

*sigh*

I was teaching a lesson on quarrying and the environmental impact of industry Vs the economic benefits to the town. trying to get the students to sum up all of their ideas by giving a balanced argument having spent ages discussing ideas, I asked the pupils how they would react if they were told that a company planned to make a quarry near the town.

One pupil put his hand up:

Kid "Miss, if the developer came to ask my opinion, do you know what I'd do?"

Me "...."

Kid (continuing anyway) "I'd invite them in for coffee or something.... and then I'd say I was going to put the kettle on or something and then I'd get my husband to fetch the shotgun...."

Me: (jumping in before this gets any more ridiculous)"you're not a fan of the idea then?"

Kid" no".

True story.
..and you wonder why I'm going grey...

No comments:

Post a Comment