Sunday 20 January 2019

Paddle boarding from Cheese wharf, Letchlade

Today, Tracey, Traff and I had planned to go paddle boarding in Bath with the Bath SUP group.
Unfortunately, Traff ended up sick, so he stayed at home. In bed. And watched TV.
Tracey and I thought it was a bit too cold to be ending up in the Avon so we went to letchlade for a shorter paddle adventure.

We ended up meeting - totally out of good luck- the group organizer of the SUP Stroud group. So we paddled out with them for a bit until they got out at the lock. They did invite us to go with them but we declined as our feet were already numb!

We did 4k on the Thames so we're happy with that- next weekend we're going to be brave and climb out around the lock too!
New adventure!

When we got out my board ended up really muddy. I tried to clean it my dunking my towel in the river but ended up dropping it in. Tracey and I had to use one paddle each and pick it out of the water.
Like a crazy crystal maze challenge!!

Tracey made us Moroccan chicken and couscous for lunch using spices she brought back from Marrakech. So good.
Followed by lava cakes and copious cups of tea!
It took so long to warm up.

I'm definitely wearing my wetsuit next time, even if I have to drive home in it afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment