Tuesday 8 January 2019

Birmingham

Today has been really loooong. Marley got us up at 4.30am.
Well, I say she got us up. We were awake but pretended we couldn't hear her running up and down the head board yelling.
She's confused because traff got a new sunrise alarm clock. I guess it'll take more than 5 days to train her to get up when the radio starts, not the light.

Traff dropped me off at the station at 6.40am so my working day was also an early start.
(Although, it's a good thing I was early because my trains were a bit of a mess once I got to Reading. Having more time gave me a few more options!).

The train had the air conditioning stuck on so we were all given free coffee to warm us up!
It was properly freezing.

I had a meeting in Birmingham during the day, and did some work in the museum whilst waiting for my train (very clean loos and a great cafe- so much nicer to wait and work in than the station!).
They had a women and power exhibition. I felt very empowered working under an art installation of crochet breasts.

I travelled from Birmingham to Sheffield, as I have a meeting in Sheffield university tomorrow morning.
I booked my hotel near the uni but miles from the station! I've definitely got my steps in today.
I walked so far to get here I couldn't be bothered to go back our so ended up eating my emergency food rations (mug shot pasta... All the taste and nutrition of cardboard).

No comments:

Post a Comment