Friday 21 July 2017

Low carb healthier eating plan

So, following a slight scales disaster (turns out I weigh a stone and a half more than I thought, because my bathroom floor is extremely uneven...I now have to use them on an upturned coffee table to get accurate readings).

This coupled with another lecture from the hospial, I am going to embark on some better eating. I always find that when work is busy my diet becomes far more toast and pizza based. I know that as someone who is allergic to lactose and intolerance to gluten this will end badly. 
In the interest of feeling less awful and fixing the damage done over the last few months, i've done a 'healthy' shop. Now let's see how long I can go without stuffing my face with allergens...
I'm also hoping to reduce my sugar intake. This is one addiction I kick and then end up being awful with it again. And when my sugar intake is low I do feel better (once the headaches and grumpiness go) but it's such an easy bad habit to fall back into.

I think this needs to be a bit organized thus: when i'm just mooching about I need to be strict. For work I need to be organized and prepare meals in advance but for my sanity and social life I need to be flexible. Pasta is not evil. Just bloaty. Pudding is fine occasionally.

We started well (even with day 1 as a saturday!):
Breakfast
Yougurt (arla. Don't lecture)

Snack
Carrot batons & bbq chicken bits

Lunch/dinner
Bacon and chinese veg stir fry with bacon.

Evening snack:
Olives and sheep/goats cheese

I'm currently dragging my entire household along with me. Ray is doing well. Traff forgot rice was a carbohydrate...

Ah well, we shall see how this goes. Day 2 so far has been cery healthy... actually, i've been so busy I hadn't had a chance to really eat. Had the same breakfast and snack as yesterday so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment