Thursday 2 June 2016

New nails & first world problems

I'm off to a wedding on Saturday, and with that in mind I decided I should get my grown out messy gels taken off and get new ones.
it as pretty obvious that with the original cast on my arm and my thumb out on a right angle that nails were a "no go" but with the newer cast allowing me to move my thumb I assumed it would be fine.

My salon of preference (by the bust station with the shouty chinese lady) has fast dry OPI lamps. So my arm didn't fit. I tried 6 other salons and they all had the same lamp. I had more of less given up and was on my way home when I passed another nail bar.
It was empty to- which should have been my warning. I usually have to wait as the salon I go to is both cheap and bloody good.

This one was more expensive but had a different style lamp. Fine.
Problem solved.
So, I do now have beautiful purple nails, at the expense of my little fingernail on my left hand, which the guy managed to snap off about half way down by over buffing it. He then glued it back on with superglue whilst pretending it didn't happen!
Not impressed.
And I still got charged £20 for the privilege.



No comments:

Post a Comment