Friday 3 June 2016

Flip flop wreath for Kelly's Nan's Funeral

Kelly text me last week after her Nan passed away and asked for my help in making a flip flop wreath.
I'm not flower arranger and my crafting is very gung-ho, so I was a bit worried about being tasked with so much responsibility.

On Wednesday we met up in town to but provisions- 10 pairs of flip flops, a glue gun, flowers and fripperies. We debated using fresh flowers but the wreath needs to make it to devon in one piece so they were rejected on grounds of practicality.

I think we did a really good job, although there was appoint where we were convinced our coffee table was going to have to go to devon because the wreath was stuck to it.

A thoughtful a fitting tribute to a seaside loving, flipflop wearing Nan, with a wicked sense of humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment