Sunday 18 October 2015

Oxford with Abi & Jon

This weekend has been awesome.  There are so many amazing places I had forgotten about in the city outskirts!
On Friday night we drank pumpkin spice tea and watched the nightmare before Christmas.
On Saturday we had breakfast in maison blanc.  They do awesome patisserie and some of it is Halloween themed. I had a ham and cheese croissant but was very tempted by a giant spider cupcake.  And they have a tea menu!
I do not recommend adding bergamot oil to any food. it makes it taste like a soap.


After food we went to demijohns in jericho. I bought 30 quids worth of alcohol as part of my xmas shopping.  I also did a shot of gin at 11am. Which felt wrong.
We headed over to MOMA next to see their two current exhibitions.  
One was called 'freedom' by josh kline and involved an awful lot of resin doughnuts.


The other was 'fly me to the moon' by kiki kogelnik. Which was awesome.  I really liked her work.









We followed that up with shopping (I got sugar skull nail stickers in MOMA) and meeting Ray. And a trip to aldis for baking supplies.
We went back to Abi's for tea and mince pies. And caught up for a bit before heading off to the Cowley road to eat atomic burger!
I loved atomic burger.  I had a 'stray dog' and it was seriously good. I want to go there again and eat everything.




After dinner we walked into Jerich again and went to the last book shop. Everything us 3 quid and if you buy 2 things they knock a pound off. A fiver for two brand new books is very good value. 

 So, I have a book based on virginia woolfe's journals and I got the lily vanilly 'a zombie ate my cupcake' Halloween cook book for a quarter of the price it was in town. So we had all the sugar craft tools ready for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment